A Comfortable Rehabilitation OptionAquatic therapy provides a great alternative for those who struggle with traditional land-based therapy. Patients need not possess swimming skills to benefit from aquatic therapy. Treatment can be performed in sitting and/or standing positions.
If you suffer from one of the following, chances are, you can benefit from aquatic rehab:
- Arthritis Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Stroke, MS, Cerebral Palsy
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Injuries
- Difficult with Walking/Balance
The Benefits of Aquatic TherapyAquatic therapy is one of the safest, most comfortable treatment options a physical therapy patient will ever experience. Common benefits of aquatic therapy are:
- Decreased Pain
- Increased Range of Motion and Flexibility
- Increased Strength and Aerobic Endurance
- Improved Walking Skills
- Improved Confidence and Mental Status
Aquatic therapy takes advantage of:
- Buoyancy - it eases the stress on your muscles and joints.
- Temperature - the warm water soothes and relaxes the body.
- Viscosity - the "thickness" of the water provides gentle resistance.
- Turbulence - moving water gently challenges the body to maintain balance and control.
- Hydrostatic Pressure - this pressure provides natural relief of joint swelling.
What the Patient will Need:
- Aqua Shoes
- A robe to wear from the locker room (optional)
- Cap (optional)
A specially trained physical therapist assistant is able to provide you with an individualized aquatic therapy treatment program. Aquatic therapy is covered by many insurance plans.
Aquatic therapy services are offered at our Stephenville location only.
Give us a call today to learn more!